Tuesday 9 May 2017

My Career in a Video

Hey guys,

I don't update this blog often as I'm often out shooting or actively looking for gigs but things have taken a positive turn for me at the end of my formal education at Capilano University.  In 2017 I have shot five student films of various lengths, most of which were on an Arri Alexa Plus cinema camera.  This has led to some of my best work in co-operation with talented directors of photography and graduate directors putting some interesting challenges before the lens.

I've started my summer by finally putting together a camera reel with which to share with prospective employers and it feels fantastic to be publishing footage I can personally feel proud of to call as 'my work'.

You can find it here on vimeo: Camera Reel

As I continue to work freelance and go from project to project, I'm thankful for the choices that led me to my career so far.  I have learned a great deal since I first began operating in 2010 after high school and I find being behind the camera to be one of the most rewarding experiences to call a day to day job.  I don't mind moving car-loads of equipment to visually show these stories!

Its been a blast, I'm hoping for more interesting projects to share with you guys over the summer.

Regards,

Linley Redford

0 comments:

Post a Comment